Friday, March 23, 2012

My New Office

NOTE: This particular post is extremely graphic-heavy. Give it a minute to load!

As some of you know, I recently acquired my dream job. I'm working at a company in Utah, though I'll not mention the name.

I work in wilderness therapy now. It is a combination of two of my passions, the outdoors and helping others. I work with troubled teens and young adults, teaching them primitive living skills. While I do talk to them about their various issues, my primary role is to simply keep them safe. It is a joy.

I could go on about the various sites or details about the job, but once you see my office, you'll understand why words simply won't do it justice and why I can't imagine working in a cubicle ever again. And, I think you'll see why I love this job.

So with that, I've got a lot of pictures for you. Obviously I'm holding back (because I took a TON), but you'll get the gist of it. Enjoy (and come visit)!

It isn't a trick of my lense. There was actually a cool prism effect going on in the clouds.



Beautiful!



Yep. We got deer here, too.

Looked like some weather was coming in.


Yup. The weather came, indeed.


Inside one of the shelters we built, a few hours after sunrise.





I truly love my new office.


We were heading down a long, lonesome road.

More snow there, off in the distance.



One of my co-workers, pretending to be Chewbacca.



Beautiful dawn.



My kind of place.
Well, that's it for the pics. I whittled it down to these ones, but I took over 100 over the course of 8 days (and that WAS using self control).

We hiked about 15 miles this last shift, but hopefully the students will be up for a LOT more once the summer hits.

The job is near Zion National Park, so while I might not update the blog for awhile (I'm busy darn it), I will definitely update it once I get some hiking in over there. I've seen some pictures from co-workers adventures and I can hardly wait!

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment